Dates: 26 Sept 2017 – 19 June 2018
Length: 16 weeks
Course Director: Andrew Duff MA PGCE MSGD
Location: 32 Eccleston Square, London SW1V 1PB
Course Administrator: Sharon Booth, firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel: 020 7630 9011
Fee: £2,400 inc VAT
Design Development Forum – Course Objectives
- To guide students through the first year of graduation, both with new and challenging projects, but also critique on the graduates’ first real-life projects.
- To enable the students to undertake the greater depth of research and experiment to a more advanced design level.
- To ensure that students receive and gain the skills, knowledge and understanding which is vital during their first year of practice.
- To enable students to specialise in one chosen area and to investigate this to greater detail.
Design Development Forum – course contents
The course will be broken down into 3 projects:
- Each project in turn will contain in depth design analysis including site specification, surveys and client briefs.
- Students will create an Inchbald standardised masterplan.
- Students will also produce fully specified detailed areas for each project to develop their awareness of hard landscaping materials and fixtures and fittings to a high degree of finish.
- Students will submit contractor ready sections, elevations and construction drawing for their detailed areas.
- Planting plans will also be explored for each project to advance their planting knowledge as well as developing individual style and personal areas of interest.
- 3D visuals will be presented to fully support the designs and students will use computer aided design as well as hand drawn images to create their drawings.
- For some projects students will be encouraged to create 3D models to assist the design process and design presentation.
Design Development Forum – course entry requirements
The Inchbald Design Development Forum has been established for students who have completed an Inchbald Diploma in Garden Design and wish to develop their design skills further alongside professional practice.
All teaching and lectures are conducted in English and the following criteria may be required if English is not your first language: IELTS 5.5 (with no individual element below 5.0).
If you are interested in the Design Development Forum course, please contact the Course Administrator Sharon Booth by email email@example.com.