Dates: Tuesday 6 – Friday 9th June 2017
Length: 4 days, 10.00am – 4.00pm
Course Director: Alan Hughes MA
Location: 7 Eaton Gate, London SW1W 9BA
Course Administrator: Kate Radford, email@example.com, Tel: 020 7730 5508
Fee: £750.00 inc VAT
This short four-day course is an introduction to interior design and decoration that encourages students to develop their knowledge and interest by exploring a broad selection of the issues faced by practitioners of this extensive and fascinating discipline.
The pace of this introductory course in interior design and decoration is fast, and will be a mixture of lectures and workshops and there will be the opportunity to discuss design ideas and presentation. Subjects range from aesthetic considerations – proportion and space and the perceptual impact of colour, light and texture – to the practical matters of ergonomics and space planning.
Interior design and decoration week – course aims
- To introduce students to the core subjects of interior design and decoration.
- To help students to make the best of their own homes.
Interior design and decoration week – course contents
- Introduction to elements of interior design and decoration; proportion and scale of spaces
- Ergonomics and practical room design
- Transforming spaces with light, pattern, texture and colour in room schemes
To join this course, please contact the Course Administrator for an application form.
If you want to go further in your study of interior decoration and design you may be interested in these longer interior design and decoration courses: Certificate in Interior Decoration Course (part time), Certificate in Interior Decoration Course (full time).