New Start Dates – Induction: 24 – 26 April 2018, Course Start: 30 April 2018
Induction: 25 – 27 September 2018, Course Start: 1 October 2018
Length – 3 years
Course Director – Andrew Duff MA PGCE MSGD
Location – Flexible
Course Administrator – Liza Rees, email@example.com Tel: 020 7630 9011
Fee – £14,755.00 inc VAT. An Instalment Plan is available, please ask the Course Administrator.
The Online Diploma in Garden Design is a three-year part-time course and provides a thorough training in garden design. It is for serious career-oriented students who wish to enter garden design at a professional level. Successful graduates earn a Diploma qualification that is equal to the Diploma in Garden Design award from the intensive in-house Diploma Garden Design.
The Online Diploma in Garden Design course offers the following:
- You study part-time, following an achievable but dynamic programme structure. The Online Diploma in Garden Design is designed around a notional 20 hours of formal learning hours per week.
- You study in your own home or base, where you are encouraged to set up a small garden design studio.
- You can access your bespoke course website at any time and can study online or download and print course materials for offline study.
- You join a group of fellow Inchbald students who are studying the same course programme, so you can benefit from sharing, conferring and presenting your own ideas to fellow students using the online discussion forums and informal chatroom. Many garden designers work with a team, so co-operating with others and exchanging ideas gives valuable experience.
- You receive a high level of individual tutorial support from your tutors. The Online Diploma in Garden Design course includes frequent assignments, which you complete and submit to your tutor for constructive comments and advice that is tailored to your needs. In addition, you receive informal support from tutors online.
- You practise and develop your garden design skills by carrying out a series of practical design projects – with the support and guidance of your tutors – for assessment.
- At three key points during the Online Diploma in Garden Design course you attend in-house short study schools with your fellow students, first for induction at the beginning of the course, and then for intensive skills development.
Online Diploma in Garden Design – course contents
The three-year course is structured around 15 modules each typically comprising a series of sessions that require you to read and study, complete activities, participate in discussions and submit assignments for tutor feedback. Each module leads to a design project.
This Course contents document gives an overview of each module.
Diploma Garden Design – course entry requirements
There are no formal entry requirements to the course, although you will need to show a commitment to the heavy workload and the maturity to contribute to the course group. If you are uncertain about making this commitment, you may be interested in taking the shorter Online Diploma in Principles and Practices of Garden Design course, from which you can convert to the full Diploma.
As this is an online course you will be communicating with your tutor and fellow students online and via email. You will need basic computer skills, the ability to contribute to online discussions, create illustrated documents, add attachments and so on. If you feel you lack these skills we recommend you develop them before the course start date.
For more information about the Online Diploma in Garden Design course, please contact the Course Administrator.