Start Dates – 09 January 2017, 01 May 2017 and 04 September 2017.
Length – 3 months
Course Director – Andrew Duff BA (Hons) PGCE MSGD
Location – Flexible
Course Manager – Liza Rees, email@example.com Tel: 020 7630 9011
Fee – £1,200.00 inc VAT (fees are liable to an increase from 01 April 2017).
If you would like more information on any of our courses, or wish to enroll, please give us your contact information below and the course administrator will get back to you to answer your questions and discuss your specific needs.
This online short course in interior decoration specialises in the skills and techniques of interior decoration and will show you how to design and decorate a living space that not only meets your requirements but is aesthetically pleasing.
You will consider the elements of design and decoration, from ergonomics and proportions of the space to the creative use of colour and texture, lighting, materials, furnishings and fabric choices.
By the end of the course you will have produced:
- an analysis and survey of a room
- a concept board to convey the inspirational ideas that convey the atmosphere for your design
- sketch plans and elevations of your space
- planning sketches showing how people will use and move around the space
- sample and furniture boards showing the materials, finishes, furnishings and accessories you plan to use
Overview of this course in interior decoration
Over the twelve week-long sessions you will cover the following:
- analysing and surveying a room and analysing your requirements and priorities
- using the elements of design: space, form and proportion; ergonomics; planning and circulation; colour; light; texture and pattern
- using decorative elements to alter the appearance of a room
- how to experiment with ideas and communicate them
- using principles of ergonomics and planning to place furniture
- choosing materials, finishes, furnishings and accessories to create the atmosphere required.
Course entry requirements
There are no formal entry entry requirements for this online interior decoration course, although it is important that you are confident in reading and writing English.
As it is an online course you will be communicating with your tutor and fellow students online. You will need basic computer skills, the ability to contribute to online discussions, create illustrated documents, add attachments and so on. Although we offer support on using the course website and contributing to forums, if you feel you lack these skills we recommend you develop them before the course start date.
For an overview of how this short course works and what it involves, please see our Online Short Courses. If you would like to enrol on this interior decoration course, please contact the Course Administrator.