Start Dates – 08 January 2018, 30 April 2018 and 03 September 2018.
Length – 3 months
Course Director – Andrew Duff MA PGCE MSGD
Location – Flexible
Course Administrator – Liza Rees, firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel: 020 7630 9011
Fee – £1,260.00 inc VAT.
If you would like more information on any of our courses, or wish to enroll, please give us your contact information below and the course administrator will get back to you to answer your questions and discuss your specific needs.
This online garden design course is carefully structured to take you through the process of designing your garden and give you a basic understanding of design and planting design. By the end of the course you will have produced:
- a concept board for your garden
- a sketchplan of your design
- a mood board
- a planting plan and plant list.
Overview of this garden design course
Over the twelve sessions, you will explore the following:
- The concept of a garden. Form and function. Identifying your priorities. Gathering ideas. Focus on your garden.
- Using the principles of design – unity, proportion, rhythm, focal points.
- Thinking about hard landscaping – terraces and patios, pathways and steps. Sustainability.
- Structures and water. Finalise your concept board and priorities.
- Reading a plan drawing. Mass and void. Garden survey.
- Garden orientation. Making a sketchplan.
- Colour in your garden. Making a mood board.
- Plants – plant form, habit and texture.
- Structural planting – trees, shrubs and climbers.
- Groundcover, lawns and meadows.
- Perennials, grasses, ferns and bulbs.
- Making a planting plan and a plant list.
Course entry requirements
There are no formal entry requirements for this online garden design course, although it is important that you are confident in reading and writing English.
As it is an online course you will be communicating with your tutor and fellow students online. You will need basic computer skills, the ability to contribute to online discussions, create illustrated documents, add attachments and so on. Although we offer support on using the course website and contributing to forums, if you feel you lack these skills we recommend you develop them before the course start date.
For an overview of how this short course works and what it involves, please see our Online Short Courses. If you wish to enrol in this garden design course, please contact the Course Administrator.