Garden Design Open Morning

Read more

Inchbald is a diverse and multicultural school: we warmly welcome international and EU students on campus and online

The school has a dedicated admissions team to assist international applications for campus-based courses, the associated visa requirements and settling into life in London. We recommend contacting the school directly as the team is well equipped to guide you through what can otherwise be a complex process.

  • Students enrolling on courses of less than six months' duration can use the Standard Visitor Visa Route for entry to the UK.
  • Inchbald is licenced by UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) to issue a CAS number - a Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies - which is required for a Student Route visa application.
  • In order to obtain a CAS number for a visa application, students must fulfil both the school's and UKVI's entry requirements. Before issuing a CAS number applicants will need to demonstrate confirmation of their offer by payment of the tuition fees deposit.
  • International and EU applicants requiring a visa to study will need to undertake an interview with the relevant Course Director prior to acceptance. Applicants should be prepared to show they have enough funds to cover their course fees and living and accommodation costs in London.
  • Inchbald courses are taught in English and applicants who are not nationals from majority English speaking country (as specified by UKVI) are likely to require a Secure English Language Test (SELT) from an approved provider. As part of the application process, Inchbald provides details of accepted SELTs and required scores.
  • Some international and EU students may be able to study without applying for a visa if they have leave to remain in the UK under the Settlement Scheme, a Spouse/Partner Visa, an Ancestry Visa or some other visas.
  • Students in the UK on a student visa are not permitted to work. This does not affect work observations, which are organised and overseen by the school.

Inchbald guide to


If you are an international applicant for any of our on-campus courses, please contact our admissions team for guidance relating to your individual circumstances. The following links provide information on student visas.