Two academic years (full time)
8:1 teaching ratio
Course start date:
Monday to Friday
The BA (Hons) Architectural Interior Design develops your knowledge and skills in the creative and technical aspects of interior design, enabling you to work with confidence and dexterity in your future career.
The course provides an historical and cultural context against which you will develop your ideas, encouraging in-depth design research and analysis. You will focus on the nature of design as a problem-solving exercise, examining the symbiotic relationship between the functional, the technical and the aesthetic.
The course comprises 11 modules: Introduction to Design; Research and Learning Skills; Skills for Design; Initial Design; Architectural Interior Design; Communication and Analysis; Interior Detail and Professional Practice; Commercial Interior Design and Structural Analysis; along with two major design projects and a final written report.
You will explore space planning; ergonomics and structural alterations; planning regulations and services; interpretation and delivery of the client brief; colour, texture, materials, decorative skills and the acquisition of design approaches that will equip you to define and deliver your own solutions. The process of how to design and present is explored through different mediums including hand-and computer-generated orthographic drawings, sketching, model making and collage. Commercial interior design considers hospitality, retail and public space alongside technical interior detailing. You will be supported with professional work observation during the course, giving valuable experience prior to graduation. In the final semester you will prepare a written report exploring the development of your major project, from concept through to final design, delivering a fully realised spatial and decorative solution.
Who is it aimed at?
This course is aimed at students wishing to embark on a career in interior design who are seeking a professionally validated qualification.
Key info & fees
Full time: On campus
- BA (Hons) Architectural Interior Design is a two-year, full-time course on campus with an exit point after the first year (level 5), which provides a Diploma of Higher Education, also validated by Wrexham University.
- Applicants are required to attend an interview prior to receiving an offer for this course. Academic exemptions may be granted following submission of a Recognition of Learning or Recognition of Prior Experiential Learning, in accordance with the university general regulations and/or relevant professional experience.
- Students must be aged 18 or over with ‘A’ levels / sufficient UCAS points or equivalent. A good command of written and spoken English and basic computer skills are required. Those wishing to study on a visa may need to take an approved English Language test.
- Fees: Two-year, BA(Hons) £49,150 (inc VAT).
- Fees: One-year, Diploma of Higher Education £36,300 (inc VAT).
Talk to us
Arrange an informal chat to discuss how this course fits with your goals and start your journey with Inchbald.
More Interior Design courses
Full Time (1 academic year)|
Online (1, 2 or 3 years)
Full Time (10 Weeks)|
Part time (1 academic year)
Full time (1 academic year + 1 trimester)
Full Time (12 Weeks)|
Part Time (12 Months)
Part Time (13 Weeks)
Talk to us about if this course is right for you