10th Jan 22 - 25th Mar 22
8:1 teaching ratio
10:00-15:00 on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday weekly
Courses begin in January, April and September annually
One academic year
7th Sep 22 - 11th Jul 23
8:1 teaching ratio
10:00 - 15:00 on Wednesday weekly
This course establishes the overarching principles of decoration for residential spaces and the journey from inception to delivery of a design scheme.
Students consider the requirements of a brief, organising and decorating a residential site in response. The core elements of design, scale, form, light, texture and colour are explored alongside an introduction to computer generated imagery and drawing.
The course introduces specifications, schedules and the skills needed to manage a design project.
Students learn both hand and computer aided drawing (Sketch Up), along with orthographic drawing and 3D modelling. Teaching is delivered via lectures, workshops, visits, discussions and a residential project, consolidating theory and practice. At the conclusion of the course, students will have completed a portfolio of work for a series of spaces within a home.
Who is it aimed at?
Students considering interior decoration as a profession who require a short course to develop elementary skills. Completion of this course provides a solid foundation for continuing study of the Inchbald Diploma.
Key info & fees
Full time: On campus
- Course fees £8,220 (£6,576 ex VAT)
- Students must be aged 18 or over with ‘A’ levels or equivalent. A good command of written and spoken English and basic computer skills are required.
- Further 2022 course dates: 20th Apr to 6th Jul and 12th Sept to 25th Nov 2022.
Part time: On campus
- Course fees £8,440 (£6,576 ex VAT)
- Students must be aged 18 or over with 'A' levels or equivalent. A good command of written and spoken English and basic computer skills are required.
Talk to us
Arrange an informal chat to discuss how this course fits with your goals and start your journey with Inchbald.
More Interior design courses
Full Time (12 Weeks)|
Part Time (12 Months)
Part Time (13 Weeks)
Full Time (2 academic years)
Full time (1 academic year + 1 trimester)
Full Time (1 academic year)|
Online (1, 2 or 3 years)
Talk to us about if this course is right for you